Mar 19, 2010

Birthday Fun!

Since Olivia's birthday was on a Monday, we invited the Fardanesh family over for dinner and cake on Saturday. I told Olivia that we needed to get her dressed and this is the outfit she picked out:


It is a dress with white leggings, pink ruffle socks, and pink shoes, all topped off with a tutu and glasses. She insisted on wearing it to the grocery store to get supplies for her little party.


When we got home, I got to work making her birthday cake. It turned out pretty good, even though I had a hard time making the icing black and red enough.


Olivia had so much fun playing with Tyler, Katherine, and Ryan.

Everyone enjoyed their hamburgers, pasta salad, and honeydew melon!


Even Ryan got to eat dinner with us. I can't believe he is almost 1 year old already!


After dinner, Olivia opened her gifts (daddy helped a little). She got an adorable pillow case with her name on it from Lauren, Ryan, Alyse, and Camden. They also sent some ballerina jammies complete with a pink tutu (how did they know?)!


Aunt Amanda made Olivia this cute apron. I wonder if that means that Olivia should be making dinner now? (I wish!)


The Fardanesh family brought her a my little pony and this elmo shape toy. She also got a new backpack, some books, and sesame street characters.


After opening presents, it was time for cake. I didn't want to ruin my masterpiece, but everyone was too excited, so i had to cut it up :(


Olivia took off her dress so that it wouldn't get messy (getting messy is one of her biggest concerns lately).


I have to admit that the cake was very good. I am glad I cut it up!


After cake, everyone got cleaned up and into their jammies. We are so glad that we got to celebrate with our wonderful friends! Olivia has been asking if they could come back ever since!

No comments: