Mar 30, 2008

Olivia is 2 weeks old!

On Saturday, Olivia turned 2 weeks old. It doesn't seem like it has been 2 whole weeks already, but I am glad time is going fast because it makes it seem like she will be home sooner!

The biggest news is that she now weighs 2 lbs 1 oz! She had been hovering around her birthweight for a few days, but she gained 2 oz from Saturday night to Sunday night! I was so excited that she broke the 2 lb mark, and now I can't wait until she gets to 3.

We are getting to help more with her care when we visit the hospital. Today, Howie got to change a poopy diaper, take her temperature and put the blood pressure cuff on her leg. I am glad that he is getting practice changing diapers so that he will be an expert when she comes home! So far, I haven't had the chance to change a diaper, and I kind of like it that way. Sooner or later she is going to need to be changed while I am in the room, but I don't mind waiting a while longer.