Apr 22, 2008

Family Update


Olivia gets weighed every night, but her length is only taken once per week. We always forget to ask about her length, so we were shocked when the nurse told us that yesterday she measured at 15 5/8 inches, almost 3 inches longer than when she was born!
She has had a few big changes over the last 2 days. Yesterday, they changed her feeding pattern, so instead of getting fed continuously, she gets fed 30ml over 2 hours and then has an hour off. The total amount she gets is the same, this is just the next step toward taking out the nose tube and feeding her by mouth!
The other big change was that they took the oxygen saturation monitor off of her foot! She only has two monitors left, for her heart and respiratory rates! Other babies in her room can be carried around because they don't have any monitors or tubes and she is on her way to joining them!

Over the weekend, I finished painting Olivia's room! It is hard to tell in the picture, but the bottom is painted purple! Next we need to put together the crib.

The nurses suggested that we bring pictures to decorate Olivia's bed. We wanted Olivia to get to know her puppy, Icky, so we took the first picture and taped it up in her bed last week! That picture was taken in January, though and Icky looks different now. He just turned 6 months old and has grown so much (he weighs over 50lbs). The second picture was taken earlier today.



This weekend we also finished Icky's dog house! We finished it just in time, because today it rained! Howie put the house together and added the shingles and I painted it to match our house. Icky loves it so much that he takes all of his toys (from inside and outside) into it!

As you can tell, we are all very busy. Howie and I are working hard to get everything done before Olivia comes home and she is working hard to grow so that she can come home soon! This coming weekend is the March for Babies, so we will have lots of visitors! We are excited to see everyone and to introduce them to Olivia.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia's room is beautiful. I don't have that kind of patience, and I'm a little afraid of painting. Have a wonderful walk on Saturday. I wish I could be there, too!

Jennifer Banuelos said...

Luckily, I had help. My sister did all the taping!