
Olivia had a very big day! This morning, she had the oxygen tube removed and her feedings were increased from 7.5ml per hour to 10ml per hour. We spent all afternoon and evening with her and her heart rate never dropped and she didn't have any apnea episodes. She weighs 2 lbs, 13oz, which is 2oz more than yesterday. If she keeps gaining weight at this rate, she will meet the 4lb weight requirement in no time!
In the evening, she was moved out of the room she has been in since she was born, into the "intermediate" room. In her old room, each nurse cared for only 2 babies. The new room has many more babies and the nurses are responsible for more babies at a time. This is a sign that Olivia is doing well, and doesn't need as much attention from the nurses. Even though I am happy she is doing so well, I am kind of sad because she won't have the same nurses, who have cared for her for the last month, and I liked how much time the nurses spent with her. If I had it my way, she would have her own personal nurse!


1 comment:
These pictures are so cute... She looks so content!
Post a Comment