Dec 21, 2009

First up, First Haircut

Last night, Olivia's wonderful Auntie Amanda expressed her disappointment over the lack of blog entries lately. So, since I have 2 weeks off work and Amanda is here to remind me, I am going to try and catch up. These pictures are from right before Thanksgiving...


Gaylene (Olivia's favorite babysitter) gave her a potty.


Unfortunately, she has the wrong idea about what it is for. She loves to sit on it, but only with the seat down and her clothes on. I figure it's a start!

After seeing Olivia's hair in the potty pictures, we decided it was time for her first haircut.

It wasn't very long, just really shaggy. Olivia brought her monkey along for emotional support.


She liked the blue smock, but she did NOT like being squirted with the spray bottle.


Once the cutting began, she did great. (Note: The cutting only lasted for 1 minute.)

The lady called her new 'do "kind of a bob" instead of the "mullet" that she had before. (Note: I wish she hadn't to acknowledge the mullet at all, then I could have pretended it never existed.)


Once she was done, they put the hair in a little baggy for us to bring home. It was such a tiny amount of hair that it wasn't even enough to go in her baby book. I think we'll just consider this her first trim rather than her first haircut!

No comments: